Changing a Daith Piercing on your own is really difficult for most people and the best idea is to get your piercer to do the change for you.
- EXTRA SMALL (6mm): Usually too small for a Diath piercing, although it can be used in very small ears. The piercing must be completely healed (12 months+).
- SMALL (7mm): Fully healed piercings only.
- MEDIUM (8mm): Fully healed piercing only.
MEDIUM LARGE (9mm): Suitable for people with thicker cartilage and/or piercings that are less than 12 months old. If you have medium sized ears you may have been pierced with this size.
LARGE (10mm): This size is usually used for initial piercings on larger ears as there’s plenty of room for swelling. Also choose this size if you have thick cartilage and/or if your piercing is prone to irritation. This size can also be worn in healed piercings if a bolder look is desired.
Ring Thickness (Gauge):
- STANDARD (1.2mm): This is the 'usual' gauge that is used by most piercers for Daith piercings.
- SKINNY (1.0mm): If available select a 'Skinny' ring if you want something a bit thinner and/or you haven't had any jewellery in the piercing for any length of time as this is easier to insert.
© Rachel Davenport Pink Dragon Piercing 2021